Our attorneys have deep knowledge and experience assisting lenders, equity investors, lessees, and other parties in structuring transactions to finance a variety of project, infrastructure and equipment assets.
- Solar, wind and other renewable energy generation facilities
- Thermal generation facilities
- Transmission systems
- Transportation equipment (including aircraft, rail equipment, vessels and over-the-road equipment and containers)
- Transmission systems, wastewater treatment facilities and other utility assets
- Manufacturing and mining equipment
Our representation of lenders includes construction financing, term financing and back-leveraged financing in both bilateral transactions and syndicated transactions. Tax equity representation includes sale-leaseback structures as well as partnership flip investments. In addition to preparation and negotiation of the necessary documentation, we perform diligence regarding site control, revenue contracts, and other project documents, and provide advice regarding federal and state tax matters, restructurings and other end-of-term and residual matters. As a result of the complex and diverse nature of these financings, our representation of clients typically involves assembling a team to provide comprehensive experience across focus areas including finance, tax, bankruptcy, environmental, and real estate law.
We also represent clients in single asset and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
- Charlotte Business Journal, 01.2018
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- Best Lawyers, 08.2019
- Business North Carolina, 01.2018