We recognize energy is the backbone of the economy and help our clients deal with the rapidly changing landscape by providing traditional legal services in areas such as energy marketing, compliance counseling, project development, project finance, and public utility regulation.
Our clients include developers, investors, industrial energy consumers, oil companies, independent producers, utilities, and government entities. We assist clients with advisory, regulatory, transactional, and litigation matters.
We take a proactive approach by assembling our group from various practice areas to provide a full range of service offerings. The skills and resources used in the energy industry require a diverse base of attorneys. We’ve compiled a group of interdisciplinary teams that meld the skills of corporate, financial services, real estate, environmental, government relations, intellectual property, litigation, regulatory, and tax professionals.
Our practice is international in scope. In addition to many U.S. states, we have worked with projects requiring extensive involvement of foreign governments in project support, including governmental and quasi–governmental entities in India, the Philippines, Canada, Colombia, Iraq, Puerto Rico, and Mexico, along with support from bilateral and multilateral credit support institutions.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and teamwork, as well as on maintaining a thorough grounding in both the legal and business dimensions of the energy, telecommunication, and utilities industries.
- Alternative Energy & Green Technology
- Solar Energy
- Wind Power
- Geothermal Energy
- Climate Change
- Hydroelectric Development, Relicensing and Compliance
- Natural Gas Storage and Liquefied Natural Gas Projects
- Electric Power Generation, Distribution, Marketing, Smart Grids and Transmission
- Oil and Gas – Production and Transmission
- Coal Fired Generation
- Telecommunications-Related Services
- Law360, 08.2019
- Charlotte Business Journal, 01.2018
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- Moore & Van Allen members Joseph Fernandez and Valecia McDowell named to Lawyers of Color Power List01.2020