Michele Glessner is a member in Moore & Van Allen's Intellectual Property group. She concentrates her practice on trademark and copyright portfolio management and counseling clients on filing, use, and enforcement strategies worldwide. In the 2021 edition of the World Trademark Review 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, Michele is highlighted by the publication as being “a pathfinder on global prosecution and strategy” and is ranked silver in North Carolina. An experienced patent attorney and registered before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Michele also advises clients on various patent matters, including utility and design patent prosecution, freedom-to-practice, and patent portfolio analysis.
Michele earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame in 2006. She received her B.S., cum laude, in mechanical engineering from Cornell University in 1999. Before attending law school, Michele was a product engineer for an industrial gases and chemicals company and earned her engineer-in-training certification.
Michele is a fluent speaker of Egyptian Arabic and has a foundation in classical Arabic, both written and spoken. In addition, she is proficient in French.
- Prosecuting foreign and domestic trademark applications and dealing with trademark clearance and enforcement matters
- Counseling trademark clients in a variety of industries, including retail store services, financial and insurance services, footwear, textile and home products, apparel, packaging, soil conditioning, agrochemical, and food services
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the fields of computer networking technology, biomedical devices, and consumer packaging
- Best Lawyers in America, Patent Law, 2023; Trademark Law, 2023
- World Trademark Review 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2021
Member, Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association (CPTCLA)