Sara is an associate in Moore & Van Allen’s Intellectual Property group. She concentrates her practice on trademark and copyright prosecution and portfolio management, including performing trademark clearance work, filing applications, and assisting clients in developing worldwide filing and use strategies. Sara also represents clients in trademark enforcement matters, including before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board and in federal court. Sara has served clients in a variety of industries, such as retail services, financial and insurance services, textile and home products, apparel, agrochemical, food services, and hospitality.
Sara earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from William & Mary Law School in 2018, where she was the Online Editor of the William & Mary Law Review and Chief Justice of the Honor Council. She received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Trinity University in 2015, where she was elected into Phi Beta Kappa, earned Trinity’s Political Science Most Outstanding Senior Award, and was also captain of the varsity dive team.
Following law school, Sara clerked for The Honorable Robert S. Ballou of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
- Member, International Trademark Association Pro Bono Clearinghouse, 2020-present
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, 2020
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Clayworks
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Harmonization of Law and Practice Committee Member
J.D., William & Mary Law School, 2018
B.A., Trinity University, 2015
- North Carolina, 2018