Tyler focuses on evaluating, structuring, and negotiating mergers and acquisitions and investment transactions. These include leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and sales, divestitures, and recapitalizations.
Prior to joining the firm, Tyler was an associate with Steptoe & Johnson, PLLC, in Charleston, West Virginia where he represented banking institutions, private entities, and non-traditional lenders in secured and unsecured commercial financing arrangements.
- Represented a web-based investor management platform in its $57 million merger with a NASDAQ-listed technology solutions company
- Represented a private equity portfolio company providing retail eye wear and optometric services in numerous add-on acquisitions
- Represented a wealth management automation services provider in its sale to a private equity firm at an enterprise value of $45 million
- Represented a veterinary services portfolio company in its sale to a private equity firm at an enterprise value of $70 million. Continued representation with respect to corporate governance and potential add-on acquisitions
- Represented a infrastructure and industrial services company in a $5.4 million add-on acquisition
- Represented a private equity firm in a $50 million acquisition of a business providing contracted construction services specializing in insulation, fireproofing, and related services
- Represented a coal mining company in the divestiture of its “standard assets” and associated liabilities for cash consideration of approximately $325 million
- Represented a coal mining company in the negotiation and implantation of a $92.5 million secured credit facility and the associated pre-financing corporate reorganization
- Represented a railcar repair and storage company in a $46 million Section 351 rollover transaction with a private equity sponsor
Blogs and Resources
- Treasury Department Again Issues New Guidance on PPP Loan “Necessary to Support Ongoing Operations” Certification04.2020MVA COVID-19 Resource Center