William represents a wide range of clients, focusing on their real estate and related business needs, including acquisitions, dispositions, financings, leases, development, zoning matters, ownership, and corporate governance.
William also provides representation of lenders in real property secured financings throughout South Carolina. William serves as outside counsel to state institutions and nonprofits in regard to commercial real estate matters and related legal issues.
William is an agent and approved attorney for multiple title insurance companies, including Chicago Title, Investors Title Insurance Company, and Old Republic Title Insurance Company.
- Co-represented purchaser in $20 million dollar acquisition of manufactured housing communities in various counties across South Carolina
- Represented landlord in successful negotiation of warehouse lease with Fortune 50 tech company
- Represented purchaser in $7 million acquisition of land and subsequent development as a mixed-use community
- Represented owner in negotiation of workforce housing agreement with the City of Charleston for a large mixed-used, multi-family development in downtown Charleston
- Represented purchaser in $10 million acquisition of commercial multi-tenant property
- Represented purchaser in multi-million dollar asset purchase and lease assumption for amusement park
- Represented developer in creation of planned unit developments (PUDs) in downtown Charleston
- Represented private lender in real property secured financings throughout South Carolina
- Represented private investor in acquisitions and sales of multi-million dollar industrial properties in Dorchester and Charleston counties
- Represented developer of mixed-use communities in several counties. Representation includes acquisition, subdivision, financing, development, and divesture
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law and Land Use/Zoning Law, 2021-2024; Eminent Doman and Condemnation Law, 2023-2024; Corporate Law, 2024; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2024
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® “Rising Star”, Real Estate, 2022-2023
- Charleston Business Magazine Legal Elite, Commercial Real Estate, 2023
- SCBIZ Magazine, 2022 Real Estate Attorneys Power List
- Board Member, Rotary Club of Charleston - Downtown Breakfast
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association
- American Land Title Association
- Urban Land Institute