Our Land Use & Zoning group has extensive experience working with municipalities and other state and local agencies throughout the Carolinas, and works seamlessly with our real estate, economic development, government relations, and public affairs professionals to provide a comprehensive approach to the needs of our clients.
Our group members collectively have decades of experience handling land use, zoning, and regulatory matters involving high profile and complex projects in the Charlotte region and beyond. At the same time, our group recognizes that small land use matters can have tremendous implications for clients and offers the knowledge and the efficiency that comes with a deep understanding and experience to serve the needs of a broad array of projects and challenges.
We provide our clients with extensive market knowledge and deep project experience navigating the rezoning process especially on complex projects, which regularly call for navigating transportation issues with CDOT and NCDOT.
Land-Use/Real Estate Due Diligence
We work day-in-day-out with the City of Charlotte and other municipalities on land-use matters including rezonings, transportation challenges, subdivision, permitting, and other similar analysis.
Economic Development Incentives/Municipal Funding for Infrastructure
We obtain and structure local funding support as well as economic development incentives, public private partnerships for complex real estate projects.
- Moore & Van Allen Receives Multiple National and Metropolitan Rankings in 2024 Edition of Best Law Firms®11.2023
- Moore & Van Allen Receives Multiple National and Metropolitan Rankings from 2023 U.S. News – Best Lawyers ‘Best Law Firms’11.2022
- Best Lawyers 2023 Recognizes 104 Moore & Van Allen Attorneys - Eleven firm attorneys named ‘Lawyer of the Year’08.2022
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- Chambers & Partners, 04.2020
- Moore & Van Allen Zoning, Entitlement & Land Use team featured in CBJ article: Charlotte law firm Moore & Van Allen adds former city zoning administrator to land-use team05.2023
- RENDERINGS: How this Charlotte developer gained neighborhood support for project at prime site in ElizabethCharlotte Business Journal, 07.2019