We have the depth of knowledge to guide clients through the complexities of ESOP-related transactions, leveraging years of experience to accomplish our business owner clients’ financial and tax goals and to guide our fiduciary clients through the prudent exercise of their fiduciary duties to ESOP participants.
With a keen understanding of our clients’ businesses and that the transition of ownership to employees is an exciting, yet stressful, opportunity, we customize advice and tailor ESOP structures to fit unique business needs. We work closely with our clients throughout the cycle of an ESOP transaction focused on structure and planning, execution and implementation, and corporate finance, governance, and acquisitions.
With a dynamic group of interdisciplinary lawyers focused on corporate finance, ERISA, environmental, commercial real estate, taxation, securities, lending, estate planning, and international business, we create solutions for business owners of privately held companies selling their business, raising capital, or implementing estate and/or ownership succession planning.
We represent a wide range of clients including trustees and fiduciaries, lenders (both banking and other financial institutions), management groups, private equity and investor groups, and companies involved in sophisticated ESOP transactions, ESOP restructuring, and ESOP investor group transactions.
- Evaluation of business goals and details to create an ESOP plan
- Draft transaction documents (loan, trust, fiduciary, security)
- Provide compliance planning and remedies for non-compliance
- Represent fiduciaries with corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and insurance and indemnification issues
- Advise on ERISA reporting and disclosures
- Guide lenders through IRS and DOL reviews