Wheeler has experience in a broad range of investment transactions, which span the capital structure. He is focused primarily on middle market debt and equity co-invest transactions and has represented both borrowers and lenders in structurally subordinated, mezzanine, second lien, split-lien, senior secured, asset-based, and other varieties of debt transactions. Wheeler’s experience also includes representing sponsors and co-investors in their majority and minority equity investments. In addition, Wheeler has represented banks in a variety of debt transactions, including syndicated tax credit financing, syndicated senior secured loans, and bilateral construction loans.
Wheeler’s practice reflects the flexibility of the Investment Team’s knowledge and experience in representing both traditional and non-traditional lenders and investors in a broad range of sophisticated and customized transactions. Wheeler focuses on providing thoughtful and detailed advice to clients navigating the complexities of debt and equity transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Wheeler practiced in the St. Louis office of Lewis Rice LLC.
- Represents a non-traditional lender in its secured debt investments in a variety of growing middle-market companies, including manufacturing, consumer goods, and logistics companies
- Represents a private equity firm in its majority equity, minority equity, and debt investments in a variety of growing middle-market companies, including manufacturing, health care, and marketing companies
- Represents an institutional investor in its senior secured, second lien, mezzanine, and structurally subordinated debt investments in middle market and upper middle market companies, including in the health care, food, government services, and employee training sectors
- Represents a real estate investment trust, as the borrower, in connection with a $100 million secured revolving credit facility
- Represented a large bank in connection with its syndicated financing of upper middle market companies, including in the consumer food and electronics sectors
- Represents a non-traditional lender in its asset-based revolving and term loan investments in lower middle-market companies, including mining and construction companies
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, "Rising Star", 2022
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
J.D., Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2017, magna cum laude
M.A., University of St Andrews, 2010
- North Carolina, 2019
- Illinois, 2018
- Missouri, 2017