Beth negotiates economic development tax incentive packages at the state and local levels for relocating or expanding businesses throughout the country with a focus on businesses expanding or relocating in the Southeast. In addition to negotiating these incentive packages, Beth’s practice includes assisting economic development package recipients with the ongoing monitoring, compliance and reporting associated with such packages.
Beth has experience advising corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and public service companies on a broad range of state and local taxation matters including assisting these clients with planning, compliance, controversy and policy matters. Beth advises clients on matters involving a broad range of tax types including corporate income, franchise, sales and use, occupancy, license, gross receipts and property taxes.
In addition, Beth has experience assisting clients in calculating and claiming research development credits at the federal and state levels and with the classification and treatment of fixed assets.
Beth earned her LL.M in tax from the University of Florida and her J.D. from the University of South Carolina, where she served as research editor of the ABA Real Property Trust and Estate Law Journal.
- North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Star", Tax, 2021
- Research Editor, ABA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Journal, 2010-2011
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Certified Tax Preparer, 2010 and 2011 tax seasons
- Peer Mentor, University of South Carolina School of Law, 2009-2011
- Member, Phi Delta Phi Law Fraternity, 2009-2011
- Public Interest Law Society Merit Based Grant Recipient, 2010
- Member, Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honors Society, 2006
- Super Lawyers, 01.2021
- Mecklenburg County Bar Young Lawyers Division
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Co-author, Family Law Section of the North Carolina Bar, Family Forum, Dead but not Done: The Outdated Designation of Beneficiary, Summer 2013, Co-Authors Lauren V. Lewis and Edward G. Connette
- Author, Tax Section of the Florida Bar, Bulletin, States' Nexus Battle Wounds and a Call for Federal Legislation, Fall 2012