Katie advises clients across all layers of the capital stack, including senior, second lien, and mezzanine lenders in single-lender, club and unitranche credit facilities. She also advises equity investors in connection with buy-out and co-investment transactions.
Katie focuses on providing her clients with business-minded and practical solutions and uses her experience in corporate transactions to provide her clients with a streamlined financing and buy-out process.
Prior to joining the firm, Katie practiced in the Atlanta office of Morris Manning & Martin LLP, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, venture capital finance, and technology transactions.
- Represented direct lender, in its capacity as agent and lender, on a $50 million cross-border financing for a recruiting company and its subsidiaries located in the US and UK. The transaction involved a separate ABL credit facility and various intercreditor relationships
- Represented direct lender, in its capacity as agent and lender, on a $95 million financing for a private equity sponsor’s purchase and development of a fitness franchise. Successfully lead multiple upsizes to support add-on acquisitions
- Represented small business investment company in its financing of, and minority equity investment in, a software company that provides a cloud-based platform for the real estate industry
- Represented company in the construction industry on a $75 million credit facility, which was used to refinance existing indebtedness and provide availability for future acquisitions
- Member, Moore & Van Allen YP Committee
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2015, with honors
- Georgia, 2015
- North Carolina, 2017