Moore & Van Allen Banking and M&A teams earn top IFLR1000 United States recognition
Moore & Van Allen PLLC is pleased to announce that its Banking and M&A practices have been ranked as Tier 1 North Carolina practices in the IFLR1000 United States. Additionally, Chairman Thomas (Tom) L. Mitchell and Member Charles (Charlie) J. Harris were rated as “highly regarded” banking lawyers in North Carolina, and members Stephen (Steve) D. Hope and James R. Wyche were rated as “highly regarded” M&A lawyers in North Carolina. Members Richard (Rick) M. Bange III, Joseph (Joe) A. Fernandez, C. Wayne McKinzie, Daniel (Tripp) H. Monroe III, and Ryan M. Smith were also listed on the firm’s IFLR profile.
“We are honored to have again been included in IFLR’s prestigious U.S. guide,” stated Mitchell. “I am proud to work with each talented member of our financial services and corporate teams, and congratulate my colleagues named to the IFLR1000 United States.”
- “Moore & Van Allen provides top quality legal advice along with excellent speed of service and at a fair cost. They are well versed in current market conditions and have depth in talent on their team. I don't have any areas of weakness to note as they consistently answer the bell with the assignments...” – Banking, Capital markets
- “Moore & Van Allen provides top-notch service every time. They are experts in syndicated finance across the various markets (i.e. sponsored, non-sponsored, middle market, large corporate, etc.).” – Banking
- “MVA does a good job helping us navigate around roadblocks during loan closings. They help me narrow in on the most important business issues, which are oftentimescomplicated by legal drafting. I also appreciate how they generally do not involve or seek my opinion on legal risks.” – Banking
- “Very business oriented in finding solutions for complex structures. Dedicated team that was available 24/7.” – Capital markets
- “Excellent work at all times...” – M&A
The IFLR1000, a guide to the world’s leading financial and corporate law firms, has been in the market since 1987. In 2018, IFLR1000 released its first ranking of firms and attorneys in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. IFLR conducted interviews with and reviewed deal case studies of hundreds of law firms across the country to determine the rankings. Rankings are primarily based on transactional evidence, but take into account client and peer feedback. Categories include core practice areas of: banking, capital markets, M&A, and restructuring and insolvency.
Moore & Van Allen’s Financial Services team provides leading national lenders and investors with sophisticated counsel and attentive, personal service at highly competitive rates. The firm’s 75+ finance attorneys represent lenders of all types in a broad range of financing structures. With deep experience in syndicated lending, mezzanine finance, subscription finance, real estate lending, project and equipment finance, asset-based lending and structured finance, MVA’s finance attorneys create value for clients through market knowledge, carefully nuanced counsel and a strong work ethic.
Moore & Van Allen’s M&A team is comprised of more than 50 attorneys who are committed to delivering high quality, timely legal services to large public corporations, private equity funds and successful entrepreneurs. The team has extensive experience advising clients in all aspects of buying and selling businesses, including purchases and sales of equity and assets, mergers, going private transactions, recapitalizations and other corporate restructurings. They have represented private and public buyers and sellers and have been engaged in both domestic and cross border transactions.