Chris’ primary focus is in debt and equity finance transactions as counsel to agents, lenders and passive and controlling stakeholders. Chris represents a variety of finance companies, business development companies (BDCs), small business investment companies (SBICs), hedge funds, private equity funds and other private capital investors in connection with leveraged transactions, acquisition financings, management buyouts, growth investments and other finance and equity related transactions.
Chris also practices in the areas of senior bank debt and syndicated loan finance; with considerable experience in representing agent banks and other arrangers in connection with the structuring and documenting of syndicated credit facilities.
- Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law "Ones to Watch," 2021-2024
- Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2022
- Author, “The Swaps Push-Out Rule: An Impact Assessment,” 15 N.C. Banking Inst. 205, 2011
- Christopher "Chris" T. Fowler among 104 MVA attorneys recognized in Best Lawyers in America 2023, and eleven MVA attorneys named ‘Lawyer of the Year’08.2022
- Best Lawyers® recognizes 96 Moore & Van Allen attorneys - Eight attorneys named “Lawyer of the Year”08.2021
- Best Lawyers, 08.2020
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012; Publication Editor, North Carolina Banking Institute
B.S., University of Alabama, 2009, cum laude, with honors
- North Carolina, 2012
- Western District of North Carolina, 2012