The sophisticated services he provides his clients include:
- Obtaining patent protection in the U.S. and foreign patent offices.
- Infringement and invalidity investigations, conducting due diligence investigations related to corporate transactions.
- Re-examination proceedings in the U.S. patent office
He also helps clients develop strategies to effectively manage their intellectual property, including patent portfolio assessments and working with clients to identify and capture inventive ideas.
Jim spent thirteen years with Texas Instruments in an engineering capacity supporting semiconductor and defense systems technologies. Prior to joining the firm, Jim was associated with the Cleveland, OH firm of Amin, Turocy & Calvin, Alston & Bird in Charlotte, NC and D'Alessandro & Ritchie in San Jose, California.
Jim is a member of the State Bar of North Carolina, a registered Patent and Trademark Attorney and a 2003 graduate of the Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute.
Technology Industry Areas of Focus
- Computer software/firmware
- Distributed networks
- Communications protocols
- Wireless devices
- Semiconductor manufacture
- Materials processing
- Business methods
J.D., Santa Clara University
B.S., Materials Science, North Carolina State University, summa cum laude
- North Carolina
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office