Jules has assisted in the representation of clients involved in a range of commercial disputes in federal and state courts, including matters involving fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and litigation arising out of commercial contracts and transactions.
Her financial regulatory experience includes helping financial institution clients respond to regulatory enforcement actions and address the supervisory concerns of state and federal banking authorities. However, her experience is not limited to remediation efforts, as she also assists clients in their recovery and resolution planning efforts, helping prepare board governance playbooks that guide actions and decision-making by the officers and senior management of their material entities.
Jules is also involved in significant efforts related to anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the financing of terrorism (CFT), staying up to date on significant policy developments in the AML/CFT compliance space. She has helped to prepare training materials for compliance professionals as they reexamine their internal controls and undertake initiatives to update their compliance programs in accordance with AML/CFT legislation. In addition, she has assisted with the review of subscription agreements for clients who, as registered broker-dealers, will also be expected to achieve compliance with AML/CFT policy changes.
Jules also closely monitors the ever-evolving role of artificial intelligence and machine learning as enabling capabilities for risk-based compliance in financial institutions.
- Co-chair, Moore & Van Allen’s Black Attorney Resource Group
Member, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Leading the MVA Pro Bono Policing Project
- Westlaw, 04.2021
Blogs and Resources
- MVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog, 03.2021
- MVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog, 02.2021
- Civil Litigation
- Class Actions
- Consumer Disputes
- Corporate Governance & Shareholder Relations
- Employee Leave and Accommodations
- Employment & Labor
- Employment Agreements
- Financial Services Litigation
- Litigation, Regulatory & White Collar
- Real Estate & Construction Disputes
- Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets
- Securities & Capital Markets Litigation
- Terminations & Reductions in Force
- Wage & Hour Compliance
- White Collar & Government Enforcement Defense
J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2019
B.A., University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 2016 with honors
- North Carolina, 2019
- Western District of North Carolina, 2019
- North Carolina Privilege License, 2019