Moore & Van Allen recognizes the value of diverse perspectives and the integral role they play in the continued growth and success of the firm. In 2019, our firm introduced its Diversity Scholarship Program, a unique summer employment opportunity for students just finishing their first year in law school.
1L Diversity Scholars will have the opportunity to participate in the firm’s 10-week summer associate program for 2Ls.
In addition to the salary earned as a summer associate, Diversity Scholars may receive up to $15,000 in additional scholarship money paid in 3 installments:
- $5,000 upon accepting the Diversity Scholar offer
- $5,000 upon receiving and accepting an offer to return as a summer associate after your 2L year
- $5,000 upon receiving and accepting an offer of permanent employment after law school
2021 Diversity Scholars Program Highlights
- Eligible to earn up to $15,000 in scholarship money
- Ongoing mentorship with Moore & Van Allen attorneys
- Participation in 2021 Summer Associate Program
The application process is open to all first-year law students, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
A selection panel consisting of Moore & Van Allen attorneys will evaluate all applications, considering the factors below:
- Excellent academic performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Life experiences that have shaped values and professional goals
How to Apply?
Thank you for your interest in the Moore & Van Allen Diversity Scholar Program. The application period for the 2021 Diversity Scholar program has closed. Please check back in December 2021 for information and application details regarding next year’s program.