Moore & Van Allen recognizes the value of diverse perspectives and the integral role they play in the continued growth and success of the firm. In 2019 our firm introduced its Diversity Scholarship Program, a unique summer employment opportunity for law students.
Diversity Scholars will have the opportunity to participate in the firm’s 10-week summer associate program for 2Ls.
In addition to the salary earned as a summer associate, Diversity Scholars may receive up to $35,000 in additional scholarship money paid in 4 installments:
- $7,500 upon accepting the Diversity Scholar offer as a 1L law student;
- $7,500 upon receiving and accepting an offer to return as a summer associate after your 2L year;
- $10,000 upon completing your first six months as an MVA associate after law school; and
- $10,000 upon completing two years as an MVA associate.
2023 Diversity Scholars Program Highlights
- Eligible to earn up to $35,000 in scholarship money
- Ongoing mentorship with Moore & Van Allen attorneys
- Participation in 2023 summer associate program
The application process is open to all first-year and second-year law students, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
A selection panel consisting of Moore & Van Allen attorneys will evaluate all applications, considering the factors below:
- Excellent academic performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Life experiences that have shaped values and professional goals
How to Apply?
- Diversity Scholar applications are due on Monday, January 9th, 2023. In addition to the application, students should attach a resume, a brief (maximum one page) personal statement explaining how you will contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion to the legal profession, and a transcript with your fall 2022 grades.
- If a full fall 2022 transcript is not available as of the application deadline, please submit your application and provide the transcript as soon as it is available. A link to the Diversity Scholars application can be found at https://mvalawselfapply.viglobalcloud.com/viRecruitSelfApply/RecDefault.aspx?FilterREID=5&FilterJobCategoryID=1&FilterJobID=3.