Wood Lay quoted in HRD article: Secret ballots, independent contractors in spotlight with proposed changes to ERA
Moore & Van Allen Head of Employment & Labor Wood Lay was quoted in the Human Resources Director article titled, “Secret ballots, independent contractors in spotlight with proposed changes to ERA,” which was published on May 3.
Wood Lay, Head of the Labor & Employment practice at Moore & Van Allen, said the biggest area of contention would likely be a provision that requires unions to obtain affirmative permission from employees before using their dues or compulsory dues for political or advocacy purposes.
To view the complete article, please click here.
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Employee Leave and Accommodations
- Employment & Labor
- Employment Agreements
- Litigation, Regulatory & White Collar
- Restrictive Covenants & Trade Secrets
- Transportation, Infrastructure & Logistics
- Wage & Hour Compliance
- Workplace Discrimination & Harassment