Transportation and robust infrastructure are critical to the economic vitality and health of individuals, businesses and the communities in which they thrive. We are witnessing the rapid transformation of the transportation sector, driven by several forces, including technological innovation, demographic changes, and shifts in funding considerations. These developments are having a profound impact on everything from the daily movement of people to the production and distribution of goods and the planning and design of infrastructure, cities and communities nationwide.
Our multidisciplinary group of transactional, regulatory, and litigation attorneys is experienced in transportation, infrastructure, and logistics management in a wide variety of transportation modes, on a regional, national, and global scale. With decades of combined experience, our attorneys are well-equipped to guide clients through the dynamic legal landscape impacting aspects of their businesses, and to help position them for success during this period of change and burgeoning opportunity.
- Transactional & Finance
- Intellectual Property
- Admiralty & Shipping
- Government & Public Affairs
- Insurance/Risk Management
- Contract Management
- Real Estate, Land Use & Zoning
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Privacy & Data Security
- Government & Internal Investigations
- Energy & Public Utility
- Commercial, Construction & Technology Litigation
Our broad practice encompasses a wide range of modes of transportation, including motor carrier, aviation, rail, and maritime/barge. Our group is adept at navigating client needs that arise at any point in the international supply chain, including customs and international trade issues and third-party logistics. Our experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Advising on a variety of transportation and logistics matters, global insurance management, equipment purchases / capital expenditures, regulatory issues and motor carrier contracting;
- Handling railroad equipment disputes, including car hire enforcement and end-of-lease/return condition litigation, construction-related matters, and eminent domain proceedings representing property owners;
- Negotiating and documenting fuel and fuel transportation agreements for both coal and natural gas-fired electric generating facilities;
- Representing ship owners, vessel charterers, shippers, stevedores, marine contracting companies, marine insurance carriers and recreational boaters in broad-based maritime practice;
- Overseeing the transportation contract management processes and global insurance management programs for multiple Fortune 200 companies;
- Advising clients on motor carrier and railroad regulatory compliance issues, including compliance implementation programs and compliance auditing;
- Negotiating multi-modal contracts of carriage, including motor carrier and brokerage agreements for inbound, outbound, full truckload, less than truckload and final mile delivery; 3PL, 4PL, crossdock and warehousing agreements; transloading and intermodal agreements; ocean-going (VOCC and NVOCC) and inland waterway contracts of affreightment; barge fleeting, shifting and stevedoring agreements; air freight agreements; railroad interchange agreements; fleet leasing agreements; and various other transportation-related agreements;
- Counseling clients in connection with patent, trademark, copyright, advertising regulations and IP litigation matters;
- Negotiating aircraft purchase, finance, leasing and management agreements;
- Advising clients on transportation-related legislation and tracking pending transportation legislation.
Members of our team are committed to providing our clients prompt and responsive service in a cost-effective manner.
- Best Lawyers 2023 Recognizes 104 Moore & Van Allen Attorneys - Eleven firm attorneys named ‘Lawyer of the Year’08.2022
- Super Lawyers, 01.2018
- August 2020
Blogs and Resources
- 04.2020MVA COVID-19 Resource Center