Kaity assists clients with commercial and technology transactions and intellectual property diligence. Drawing on her education and experience as a biomedical engineer, she also assists clients in connection with patent preparation and patent prosecution involving a wide range of technologies.
Kaity obtained a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical and Health Sciences Engineering from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University’s Joint Engineering Program. She graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law, with honors, where she served as Managing Editor of the North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology. While attending law school, she served as a legal extern for The Honorable David S. Cayer, United States Magistrate Judge, where she gained exposure to a breadth of substantive and procedural law and refined her analytical, research, and writing skills.
- Member Board of Advisors, North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology
- Gressman and Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, April 2019
- Copyright Law – Certificate of Merit for the Highest Grade in the Class, May 2021
- Author, From Amazon’s Domination of E-Commerce to its Foray into Patent Litigation: Will Amazon Succeed as “The District of Amazon Federal Court”?, 21 N.C. J.L. & Tech. 2, 2019
- Republished in the 2020 Intellectual Property Law Review, an annual best-of compendium
- Co-author, Unleashing Pets from Dead-Hand Control, 22 Nevada Law Journal (forthcoming 2021) (with Kevin Bennardo).
J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors
B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- North Carolina, 2021
- Registered Patent Agent with the USPTO