Moore & Van Allen’s 4th Annual Diversity Conference was held virtually on January 14th 2022. This conference was an exclusive opportunity for 1L and 2L law students to gain early exposure to one of North Carolina’s leading law firms. Students selected heard from Moore & Van Allen’s partners, top clients, and fellow leaders in law about the climate of diversity in the legal industry, and how the firm is leading initiatives for change. This annual conference combines networking opportunities, interactive panels, and presentations from Moore & Van Allen members and clients. Details regarding the 2023 MVA Diversity Conference will be made available November 2022.
How to Apply?
- 1L and 2L law students are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume and a brief (maximum one page) personal statement explaining how you will contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion to the legal profession.
- Applications for the 2022 Diversity Conference can be accessed through Symplicity, your law school’s career center, or MVA’s recruiting website.
- Acceptance of applications will end at 12:00 noon on Monday, January 10, 2022.
- *Students who apply for the Diversity Conference will be automatically considered for the Diversity Scholars Program as well. *
A selection panel consisting of Moore & Van Allen attorneys will evaluate all applicants, considering the factors below:
- First-year or second-year law student
- Excellent college academic performance
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Life experiences that have shaped values and professional goals
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting inclusion and diversity in the legal profession
*Students who apply for the Diversity Conference will be automatically considered for for the Diversity Scholars Program as well.