Moore & Van Allen’s 5th Annual Diversity Conference is an exclusive opportunity for 1L law students to gain early exposure to one of North Carolina’s leading law firms. The Diversity Conference will be held in-person this year, and selected students will hear from Moore & Van Allen’s members, top clients, and fellow leaders in law about the climate of diversity in the legal industry, and how Moore & Van Allen is leading initiatives for change. The conference will combine networking opportunities, interactive panels, and presentations from Moore & Van Allen members, clients and community leaders.
How to Apply?
- 1L law students are encouraged to apply by submitting their resume and a brief (maximum one page) personal statement explaining how you will contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion to the legal profession.
- Applications for the 2023 Diversity Conference can be accessed through Symplicity, your law school’s career center, or MVA’s recruiting website.
- Acceptance of applications will end at 12:00 noon on Monday, January 9th, 2023.
- *Students who apply for the Diversity Conference will be automatically considered for the Diversity Scholars Program as well.*
A selection panel consisting of Moore & Van Allen attorneys will evaluate all applicants, considering the factors below:
- First-year law student
- Excellent college academic performance
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Life experiences that have shaped values and professional goals
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting inclusion and diversity in the legal profession
*Students who apply for the Diversity Conference will be automatically considered for the Diversity Scholars Program as well.