Our Fund Finance group consists of attorneys with finance, transactional, real estate, and applicable regulatory and tax experience and is well suited to guide clients through all facets of fund finance transactions. The attorneys represent clients on both lender and borrower sides of subscription/capital call facilities, NAV facilities, hybrid facilities, private equity secondaries fund acquisition finance transactions, preferred equity structures, margin lending, loans to investment companies regulated under the Investment Company Act of 1940, loans to insurance companies and captive insurance companies, management fee facilities, and a wide variety of other structured credit and equity transactions.
We understand the commercial perspectives and business goals of the various transaction structures, providing sound legal advice and practical commercial application of such advice in each relevant context. Our attorneys have represented hedge funds, private equity funds, sponsors, banks and other financial institutions, alternative lenders, investment companies, life insurance companies, family offices, and high net worth individuals.
- Ed Ivey quoted in American Banker article: Libor ends next month. Some borrowers may be in for a nasty surprise.06.2023
- Ed Ivey quoted in IFLR article: USD Libor survey, part IV:ARRC and Fed’s Libor transition management deemed ‘disruptive’ by market12.2021
- Ed Ivey quoted in Practice Insights from IFLR article: Credit-sensitive rates beneficial for US market, sources say11.2021
- The International Financial Law Review, 12.2021
- Barrett Morris, John Stoker and Ed Ivey author Westlaw article: CFPB issues proposed rule to require nonbank registration and public registry of terms and conditions in form contracts02.2023
- Barrett Morris, John Lightbourne and Ed Ivey author Westlaw article: The CFPB has entered the ring and makes clear moves to regulate nonbank digital asset activities11.2022
Blogs and Resources
- The Federal Reserve, FDIC and OCC Issue Final Guidance on Risk Management in Third-Party RelationshipsMVA White Collar Defense, Investigations, and Regulatory Advice Blog, 08.02.2023